A little bit goes a long way. The vast majority of inkjet and laser toner cartridges are thrown away after only one use when they can be recycled and reused multiple times. Here are a few good reasons to reuse and recycle your printer cartridges at Cartridge World of PA:
- It takes about a gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
- In North America alone, over 350 million cartridges per year are discarded in our landfills, and that number increases by 12% annually.
- A laser cartridge can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some components made of industrial grade plastics will take over a thousand years to decompose.
- Remanufacturing cartridges reduces pollution. Almost 90% of empty cartridges are incinerated or dumped in landfills.
- In one year, if the world's discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth over three times.